Thursday, April 14, 2011

The BEST Vacation!

We Took a vacation to visit Lynne and Steve and get out of the wind and cold for a while. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the weather. It felt so good to walk around in shorts and sandals again. It was nice to have to use sunscreen for a change and we had a fun time climbing, eating, watching conference, exploring new canyons, relaxing, and being with family. Although Daniel got a kidney stone while we were on the trip we were still able to get out and have fun for most of the trip. Poor guy was out of commission for most of Sunday and Monday in a lot of pain. :( Good thing nurse Lynne was there to take care of him. Lynne and Steve were so good to us while we were there. One of the favorite parts of the trip was just sitting around and talking to them while we grilled up dinner.

Steve and Lynne took us to Red Cliff Park (I think that is what is was called) But it was a fun slot canyon we could hike up through the water in. It was very beautiful and a good way to end the trip.


Now I know where Daniel gets his climbing blood from.





Beautiful Lynne was so fun to have on the hike. I love how she appreciates all the beauty's of the earth.



3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh that makes me want to be there with you in the sunshine! Looks like so much fun. Let's meet down there sometime. We have windy springs here too (probably not comparable but I can at least have a little sympathy).

    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete