Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Stairway to Heaven


Last weekend Daniel, Mike and I all headed out for another adventure. The "Stairway to Heaven up Provo Canyon was our destination. It is a beautiful series of rock ledges that freezes with ice in the cold. It was a warm day so it made the ice perfect and very sticky but the wind was blowing pretty dang hard. Just when I thought I was getting away from the wind I found myself almost being blown off the mountain.























Daniel taking a shot at mixed climbing.

































I was not brave enough to try mixed climbing so I stayed on the ice.


























Although at one point I couldn't feel my hands and my arms were burning from climbing I am proud to say I did it and I LOVED it. In my mind suffering to accomplish something makes it even more rewarding when you get to the end. Adventures are not always comfortable nor pleasant, but it is how to truly "live" life. But I still think it should be called the Stairway to Hell.









2 comments: