Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My last days as a Ragnar Employee!

Well the long hall has come to an end. Leaving Ragnar was defiantly a bitter sweet. I will miss a lot about Ragnar; Traveling, My friends, Ultimate Frisbee, Being a Race Director, Working in the Running world, Frozen Yogurt, The gratification of working hard, The craziness, Ralenes class, and the over all epic experience. I have learned a lot from my experience at Ragnar including how to down more Frozen Yogurt in one helping then I have in a life time, how to work with upset people/ customers, Laugh when fatigued, how to work with (bless there hearts) challenged customers/ volunteers, set up a construction sign, how to hack into a VMS board, how to set up 4 miles of cones at 3:00 AM that were so kindly tip over by angry residents, how to resolve situations with angry dogs, residents, and the occasional goat, how to stuff goodie bags and then some, smooth talk old men, smuggle beer into a non-permitted area and serve it to 2,000 participants, cry, make waffles with cheese, drive a 17 foot Uhaul during rush hour in down town LA, how to get lost in NY city, how to miss a turn because your messing with the GPS, How to talk Enterprise into letting you take the rental car even though you have now way to pay for it, how to convince government inanities to let me slip between the lines and and make and exception for almost every permitting rule, how to brake 1,000 driving laws and not get a ticket, to know what it feels like to work amazing friends, and finally how to pull together an awesome event for thousands of runners to enjoy and some how be smiling at the end of it.


Rachel has been my great friend for a long time and she will be taking over my "baby" (the Ragnar Relay Northwest Passage). And being 100% honest I couldn't have picked a better person to take it over. I am just sad I do not get to work with her.






I have fallen in love with Seattle and the whole state of Washington. One day I hope to live there. On this last trip I finally made it to the much anticipated Vancouver B.C. Although I didn't have a ton of time to explore Vancouver we made it to the public market for lunch, where you can taste some of the most expensive and yummy chocolates you will ever have.
Behold..... VANCOUVER B.C.!!!
For now Goodbye RANGAR!! I will miss you! :)

2 comments:

  1. I cant wait to visit Washington State. I have always wanted to go there. You were so lucky to have the opportunity to work there. One day I would like to live there or Oregon. Then if you lived there we could be neighbors and get close as sisters again. Thats a great idea!! love you lots, Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved, loved you comments about what you learned with Ragnar!! You are some amazing women!!

    ReplyDelete